Macbook Air is coming

Finally, I've just bought Macbook Air 13. I've been thinking over models (Air, Pro or iMac), sizes (11 or 13 inches) and specs (128 SSD or 256 SSD) for 2 years. What made me decide was Apple's new year sale that gave us JPY8,000 discount on Macbook Air 13 inches.

Though my Macbook Air isn't delivered yet, I want to write down what made me consider such a long time and why I finally came to my decision.

My choice is;
Model: Macbook Air 13-inch (Mid 2012)
CPU: 1.8GHz Intel Dual-Core Core i5
Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
SSD: 256GB Flash Storage
Price: JPY129,200

(1) Why Macbook Air
vs. iMac
If I only consider cost performance, iMac is the best choice. Better CPU (2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor), bigger hard drive (1TB), wider screen (21.5-inc) but cheaper price (JPY108,800). But I can't walk around with iMac! And I have to look close to iMac because my desk is too thin to keep the distance. Moreover, I use PC 50% for net surfing, 20% for blogging, 10% for e-mailing, 10% for editing and calculation and 10% for others and so iMac's perfomance is too much.

vs. Macbook Pro with Retina display
As I write above, my usage doesn't require a high resolution display and better CPU. So Even though Retina is really attractive, my choice is cheaper and lighter Air. Some say if you experience Retina once, no one backs to non-Retina display. In other word, if you doesn't use Retina, you are not bothered by lower quality because you don't know better quality as well.

(2) Why 13-inch
This is really tough question. Still I don't know whether my choice was right. After comparing with 11-inch more than 10 times at stores, 11-inch is a bit small for blogging and calculation. And buttery duration is also one of the reasons, 5 hours of 11-inch vs. 7 hours of 13-inch. I use my PC twice a month outside my home and use it for 2 to 5 hours without buttery charge. Therefore, the weight difference is not a big matter (13-inch is heavier by 300 grams), however, the difference of battery life is a matter.

(3) Why 256 SSD
According to some blogs, Mac OS uses 30G bytes and so if you choose 128G, you only have 98G bytes for your free-use. I plan to use Macbook Air for daily use, not only for outside usage. So, the Macbook has to have enough space to storage music and videos.

After my Macbook is arrived, I will write about how good my choice is or how bad is.   

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

MBA授業:1年目って本当に辛いの?

欧州MBAへの潮流は一時的?

海外MBA 受験:11.出願